Cemetery Sunday will take place as usual, on the last Sunday of June, this year 26th June, in St Peter’s Cemetery at 3.00pm, and Newtown Cross Cemetery at 5.00pm. We are delighted that for the first time in three years we can come together in…
ST PETER’S PARISH – ALTAR NOTICES – 26 JUNE 2022 – 13TH SUNDAY ORD
- The Sunday collection last week amounted to €2,940. The Sunday Collection is taken up in the church porches on entry to and exit from Mass. Many thanks for your great generosity and your use of the parish envelope.
- Parishioners are asked please to continue to wear face masks, sanitise their hands on entry into the church, and be mindful of social distancing. Holy Communion is received on the hand only.
- Cemetery Sunday will take place today Sunday, 26th June, in St Peter’s Cemetery at 3.00pm, and Newtown Cross Cemetery at 5.00pm. Priests and deacons will bless the graves. If you wish to bring holy water for the sprinkling of the family grave you are welcome to do so. The list of names of those associated with the Parish, who have died or been buried in the past year, will be read out.
People may wear a face mask if they choose. Not everyone will yet feel ready to return to the annual Cemetery Sunday celebration, and this is understandable. Some parishioners may prefer to make a private visit to the Cemetery later on the Sunday evening or during the week beginning Monday 27th June. A video recording of the 3.00pm ceremony blessing of St Peter’s Cemetery will be available on saintpetersdrogheda.ie and St Peter’s Parish, Drogheda Facebook page from 6.00pm today, Sunday, 26th June.
A Garda Traffic Management Plan will be in operation.
There will be a Gate Collection for the upkeep of the Cemetery. Please use the special envelope in your box (26th June) which can be put into the basket in the Cemetery or in the church. Donations can also be made through the Donate Button on our website, mentioning Cemetery in the comment box.
Masses at 11.00am and 12.00 noon on Sunday 26th June will be offered for all those interred in our cemeteries.
- Triduum to St Oliver Plunkett celebrated at all Masses in the Parish this week from Wednesday 29 June to Friday, 1 July.
- Friday, 1st July, Feast of St Oliver, will be celebrated at all Masses in the Parish, but especially at the 10.30am Mass in St Peter’s. Mass from St Peter’s Church will be broadcast on RTE News Channel at 10.30am.
- Friday coming, July 1st, is the first Friday of the month. The clergy will visit the sick in accordance with Government and diocesan norms, but only after consultation with the person concerned or their family.
- Archbishop Eamon Martin will celebrate the 7.00pm Vigil Mass next Saturday evening 2nd July in Our Lady of Lourdes Church. Please come out and welcome Archbishop Eamon. Refreshments will be served afterwards on the church plaza.
- St Oliver Plunkett Sunday takes place next Sunday, 3 July. Procession of Relics from Holy Family Church at 3.00pm. Mass at 4.00pm in St. Peter’s Church. Celebrant: Bishop Michael Router. Homilist: Canon Benny Fee, PP, Clonoe.
- Parish Newsletter is at the back of the church. See also church noticeboards, parish website, and Facebook page. We will be grateful if you can bring home the missalette you have used and the Newsletter you have read.
Masses open to public and also by Webcam.
St. Peter's Church
|Monday to Friday||8:30am, 10:30am|
|St. Anthony's Novena Tuesdays||10:30am, 7:30pm|
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
|Sunday||9:00am, 10:30, 12noon|
|Monday to Saturday||10:00am|
|Sunday Exposition||1 to 4pm|
|Friday - Stations of the Cross||7:30pm|
There are no upcoming events at this time.